The City's Chat Featured DJ
EDUARDO "SERRANO" SUZAN
You can listen to DJ Eduardo "Serrano" Suzan mixes at eduardoserrano.podomatic.com and of course catch him every Thursday & Friday at Nektar Lounge (19239 Stone Oak Parkway suite 110 San Antonio TX 78258). We caught up with DJ Eduardo recently to ask him some general questions about his experience & lifestyle. What he had to say was pretty exciting.
- How did you get started being a DJ?
I remember going to a party in high school, in there they had a DJ and I really enjoyed watching how he handled the crowd.
- What are some of the challenges of being a DJ?
Money, and time. You need money to buy equipment and you need time to practice. Also, not being able to find gigs or places where you can be heard.
- What drives or motivates you to achieve success in your life?
- What mistakes do you see DJ's make when trying to be a successful DJ?
The do not practice, they do not try to read the crowd
- What is the craziest thing that has ever happened while you were a DJ at a club?
I can’t really say it on here but it had to do with me, a chick and the DJ booth, and yes, while I was mixing it up, it happened. Can I say BJ on here?
- What are some of your hobbies or things you do on your spare time?
RC helicopters, Kites and Motorcycles.
- What are your favorite things to do in San Antonio?
Going out to restaurants, movies, fly my RC helicopters and of course, going out to dance clubs.
- What words of wisdom or advice do you have for anyone that wants to be a successful DJ?
Practice, Practice, and enjoy. And once you become a good DJ, do not become a “Prima donna.”
- What do you consider a great date?
A beautiful girl, someone who can hold a conversation and it is open minded.
- What were common mistakes most females made when approaching a guy like you?
I don’t recall any of them making a mistake, I mean, I am honored they approached me in the first place.